In developing a focus on Latino baseball players and the culture around them, La Vida Baseball spent its first year becoming the fastest-growing digital Latino sports media company, reaching 10 million U.S. Latinos per month. As we expand, we’re seeking passionate digital media natives to join nuestro equipo.
We are looking to immediately fill the following position(s):
SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR
La Vida Baseball goes beyond the game. It’s where Latino baseball, culture and community is passionately celebrated. It’s where our stories are told. We are the leading content creator, connector and community for Latino baseball fans and the players we love.
We are looking for a highly-motivated and creative individual who is passionate about building authentic engagement within our community. Social media is constantly evolving; the ideal candidate should be able to think outside the box to keep La Vida Baseball ahead of the curve. (wink)
If you thrive in a fast-paced, fun, and results-driven environment, then we are looking for you. If social media is a significant part of how you stay informed, create, share and express yourself, then we are looking for you.
While the primary goal is to grow our audience and expand engagement, we are looking for someone to understand and add to the nuance and complexities of our social strategy. Is that you?
Social Media Editor Responsibilities
- Create original social media content, source, and share curated content that’s culturally relevant and on-brand
- Direct La Vida Baseball’s social strategy – from content direction to voice and tone to audience growth and engagement
- Build, plan and manage a rolling content calendar across all La Vida Baseball social platforms – populating plan with known calendar events, milestones, etc. to ensure maximum timeliness (ex. holidays, quirky days of the year (#bestfriendday), baseball calendar, MLB Winter Meetings, Spring Training, Hispanic Heritage Month, D.R. Independence Day, Hall of Fame Inductions)
- Work with production team to craft compelling video content for La Vida Baseball’s target audience
- Develop and maintain relationships with the social managers for critical La Vida Baseball constituencies: players, teams, agencies, leading team or player fan accounts, brands and influencers
- Remain up-to-date on social media algorithm changes, platform best practices
- Remain up-to-date on social media trends/styles and new content that La Vida Baseball can create for its audience
- Responsible for responding to all comments and DMs, engaging with the La Vida Baseball community (this includes players, media, influencers, etc.) in a meaningful way – know what core MLB players are saying and posting about.
- Responsible for listening to the La Vida Baseball community’s interests and creating content specifically for them
- Responsible for weekly and monthly metrics reports, analyzing what’s working/what’s not, and testing new methods to increase performance
- Be a friendly point-of-contact (“put a face to a name/social handle”) during live events like watch parties, panels and big events
Social Media Editor Requirements
- Operating experience as a Social Media Editor, community manager or comparable position (2+ years)
- Demonstrated ability in social media strategy execution
- High level of familiarity across social media platforms
- Proficiency in SEO, social media metrics, social media publishing tools, and Photoshop (or other design programs for social media graphics)
- Knowledge of running paid social campaigns and sponsored content
- Past experience of writing and editing
- Aptitude at delivering creative content (image, video and text)
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Educational background in Marketing, Communications, New Media or similar field of study
Social Media Editor Key Skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Perfect combination of analytical and creative mind
- Effective communicator
- Ability to multitask
- Good coach
La Vida Baseball Office Perks & Benefits:
- 20 days PTO + 9 Holidays per year
- Can work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Medical coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Awesome teammates!
The Social Media Editor will be a part of the La Vida Baseball team of talent, content creators and community managers, and the Social Media Editor will report to La Vida Baseball’s Managing Director.
Email cover letter and below package to email@example.com with subject line “SOCIAL MEDIA EDITOR FOR LVB” and tell us why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting new role. Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email.
- Choose 2 articles from the LaVidaBaseball.com archives and compose how you would promote it on Instagram to get followers to click over or engage: you can either choose a photo or create a graphic, and write a caption for each (in our voice) as you would promote it on Instagram
- Choose 1 video from LaVidaBaseball.com and present a strategy of how you would re-package the content for Facebook and Twitter. Include sample captions
- Write 3 broad topic ideas for Instagram Stories content (article round-up, live action, feature videos, Top 10, Q&A, etc.)
- Write 3 pithy tweets for the weekend, a mix of original content and shares from our site and other sites
- Share 3 Instagram accounts you follow and love and explain why
- Draft 5 story ideas you’d love to see covered on La Vida Baseball on various relevant topics
- Include links to your 3 best writing samples on the topics of or related to sports/lifestyle/Latinx culture other relevant topics
- Link to any relevant social channels: Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Link to resume and/or online portfolio
- The email application should have no attachments. Only links.
Thank you for your interest in La Vida Baseball