In developing a focus on Latino baseball players and the culture around them, La Vida Baseball spent its first year becoming the fastest-growing digital Latino sports media company, reaching 10 million U.S. Latinos per month. As we expand, we’re seeking passionate digital media natives to join nuestro equipo.
We are looking to immediately fill the following position(s):
Digital Media Intern
La Vida Baseball goes beyond the game. It’s where Latino baseball, culture and community is passionately celebrated. It’s where our stories are told. We are the leading content creator, connector and community for Latino baseball fans and the players we admire.
We’re looking for a passionate and talented individual to join the La Vida team as a Digital Media Intern. We believe in learning by doing, so you’ll hit the ground running on your first day. You won’t just observe the content creation process, we expect you to be a part of it. We’re interested in candidates who are passionate and knowledgeable about baseball, social media-savvy, and have a basic understanding of the video production process. Fluency in Spanish is not required but is certainly a big plus. Be ready to work hard and have fun!
What’s the job?
- Supporting and contributing to the overall production process, especially in the production of our daily La Vida Baseball live shows
- Taking the lead on story sourcing and project research for La Vida Baseball programming
- Being a key contributor in any and all brainstorms/production/editorial meetings
- Researching and updating team on social media trends, weighing in on social strategy
- Posting content on all social media platforms based on La Vida Baseball social media standards and practices, as needed
- Assisting on shoots in the office and around Chicago as needed
- Saving and organizing project folders and documents
- Transcribing interviews and helping develop video scripts
- And more!
Candidates should have:
- Passion for storytelling, production, and baseball
- A positive attitude! (plus a good sense of humor couldn’t hurt)
- Basic familiarity with the production process
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok and LinkedIn
- Strong organizational skills
- Honed research skills and a keen eye for good stories
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the field of content creation
- Graphic design skills and Spanish fluency are a big plus!
- School credit as arranged through school internship program
- Receive written or verbal recommendation/referral upon completion of internship
- Gain knowledge across media, marketing and business fields in a professional, fast-paced environment
If you’re interested, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Production Intern” in the subject line. Let your personality shine through your cover letter, that counts for a lot here! We can’t wait to hear from you!
About La Vida Baseball
La Vida Baseball is a lifestyle media company that entertains and engages the Latino baseball community through original video, live shows and social media content. Launched in 2017, La Vida Baseball has emerged as the fastest growing Latino sports digital media company in the United States. Owned by TeamWorks Media, a Chicago-based media agency started in 2000, La Vida Baseball reaches more than six million English-preferred U.S. Latino fans per month. For more information, visit www.lavidabaseball.com or follow on all social channels @LaVidaBaseball.
Thank you for your interest in La Vida Baseball