In developing a focus on Latino baseball players and the culture around them, La Vida Baseball spent its first year becoming the fastest-growing digital Latino sports media company, reaching 10 million U.S. Latinos per month. As we expand, we’re seeking passionate digital media natives to join nuestro equipo.
We are looking to immediately fill the following position(s):
VIDEO PRODUCTION SPECIALIST
La Vida Baseball goes beyond the game. It’s where Latino baseball, culture and community is passionately celebrated. It’s where our stories are told. We are the leading content creator, connector and community for Latino baseball fans and the players we admire.
We’re looking for a creative, highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Video Production Specialist. In this position you’ll be shooting, editing, media managing, producing and more.
For us, we are doing more than creating content; we are celebrating the culture we know and love.
We’re especially interested in candidates who are passionate about storytelling and are excited about those who embrace new responsibilities and challenges, ask questions, and step up with their own ideas. Be ready to work hard and have fun!
Video Production Specialist Responsibilities:
- Camera operation: shoot / light interviews & B-roll; capture high-quality audio of interviews; shape visual style of all La Vida Baseball content.
- Editing: take video from script to finished product (with feedback from content creation team leaders).
- Live Editing: produce/edit La Vida Baseball live shows in Wirecast.
- Technical Logistics Coordination: coordinate pre-production logistics for field shoots as needed, oversee organization and upkeep of La Vida Baseball-owned video production and lighting equipment. Recommend purchase or replacement of new equipment as needed.
- Media Management: maintain organization / import of originally captured media and sourced media; uphold working media management processes.
- Story sourcing: take the lead on story sourcing and project research for future videos.
- Ideation: always thinking of ways to improve our content and execute it efficiently at high quality, being a key contributor in any and all brainstorms / creative meetings.
- Technical and Administrative Support TeamWorks Media: assist production staff and broader company with various administrative tasks like leading staff meetings, onboarding entry level production hires, recording/editing podcasts and more.
Video Production Specialist Requirements
- 3+ years of professional experience in the digital media / video production field
- Passion for storytelling, production, and baseball
- Strong sense of cinematography and an eye for framing
- Robust technical skillset: Advanced working knowledge of shooting, lighting, and camera/lighting equipment, Proficiency in editing with Adobe Premiere (please specify level of proficiency as well as other software you know, Avid experience is a plus), Strong understanding of post-production workflow, media ingestion and mastering, Experience technical directing live shows is a plus! (Experience with Wirecast specifically is even better!)
- Intermediate understanding of the social media landscape and how to optimize content for each platform
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
- Flexible schedule, willingness to work nights and weekends, and willingness to travel
Video Production Specialist Key Skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Organized and logistics-oriented
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Effective communicator
- Ability to multitask
- Honed story sensibility and research skills
- Strong writing skills
La Vida Baseball Office Perks & Benefits:
- 20 days PTO + 9 Holidays per year
- Can work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Medical coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Awesome teammates!
The Social Media Editor will be a part of the La Vida Baseball team of talent, content creators and community managers, and the Social Media Editor will report to La Vida Baseball’s Managing Director.
Email cover letter and below package to email@example.com with subject line “VIDEO PRODUCTION SPECIALIST” and tell us why you are the perfect candidate for this exciting new role. Cover letter should be directly in the body of the email. Also include your reel (or work samples or portfolio site). Let your personality shine through your cover letter, we want to hear what makes you unique. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Any applications that do not include all three of those materials will automatically be rejected.
About La Vida Baseball
La Vida Baseball is a lifestyle media company that entertains and engages the Latino baseball community through original video, live shows and social media content. Launched in 2017, La Vida Baseball has emerged as the fastest growing Latino sports digital media company in the United States. Owned by TeamWorks Media, a Chicago-based media agency started in 2000, La Vida Baseball reaches more than six million English-preferred U.S. Latino fans per month. For more information, visit www.lavidabaseball.com or follow on all social channels @LaVidaBaseball.
Thank you for your interest in La Vida Baseball